Former Candidate’s Statement
My name is Leigh Verrill-Rhys and, in the 2020 election cycle, I stood for the Montana Legislature, House District 48 (HD48). Although I am no longer a candidate for the Montana Legislature, my position on issues affecting my fellow Montanans remain the same.
I will continue to advocate for the Bill of Rights and the United States Constitution.
Although I am a recent resident of the Treasure State, I am aware of the trends in our communities, and our country, toward a more centralized and concentrated government bureaucracy which limits the rights of citizens to govern their own lives, their children’s education, determine who will be admitted into this nation and who will pay for the healthcare of our neighbors.
I stood for public office for the first time in my life and asked for your help to prevent the political narrative that has destroyed the once prosperous Golden State and turned it into a swamp of poverty and disease from infecting the Treasure State.
- Wife & mother — married to a Welshman for 38 years, three sons, two daughters-in-law, six grandchildren
- Novelist, editor & commentator — author of 11 published novels and editor of 3 volumes of women’s autobiographies, blogger, photography buff, quilter
- Business woman — I have started and run 3 independent businesses in publishing and technology
- Political activist — I have been involved in campaigns for civil rights, individual freedom, and national issues through my life wherever I have lived
- Three-year resident of Montana, Welsh-speaker, 15th generation Mainer
Your support and participation is essential to prevent the policies of big government, restriction of personal freedom and government-run economy from gaining further ground in Montana.
Thank you for your support.
Former Republican Candidate, HD48